“Rising hit counts are like Prozac to bloggers.” ~ Scott Sterling, Raising a Realist blogger.
What do I say to that? I say, so, too, are “unofficial” blogger-to-blogger awards.
This post is a little overdue, because I’m just getting myself back together after an 11-day Florida vacation with my family. Yeah. Yeah. Poor me, I know. But I love blogging and I love to recognize my fellow bloggers, so I wish this hadn’t been delayed so long. But as the old saying goes, “Better late than never.”
A while ago I received a Leibster Award which is one of many “unofficial” blogger-to-blogger awards traveling around the blogging community. These awards are similar to a modern-day chain letter where one blogger recognizes a number of blogs that peak their interest, gives them them award, in return for a mention back and the promise of passing the award on to 5 or more other blogs.
Some people ignore these awards and poo-poo them, but I embrace them as confirmation from my fellow bloggers that I am putting something out there worth reading. It’s also a great way to bring attention to my blog and theirs, which allows me to continue on this blogging journey that I am absolutely passionate about.
While I was on vacation the absolutely hilarious mommy of two and author of the “Things Carter Says …” blog, Danielle Jefferson, awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I cannot say enough about Danielle and her tell-it-like it is blog. She dares tell the true story of motherhood, and not the fairytale image of the gig that many of us would like to maintain in our heads. So once again, thank you Danielle for recognizing my efforts here at Renaissance Mom once again, and keep on keeping it real!
Now for The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (Done! See above if you missed it.)
- Include a link to their blog. (Already done but here it is again: http://www.thingscartersays.blogspot.com)
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about you. So here goes:
- I’m a notorious slacker at times.
- I’m a little OCD.
- I am passionate about my kids, my husband, soccer, writing, and becoming the best me that I can be.
- I am a former ice cream addict, but since have replaced that addiction with wine.
- I could live off of munchies and appetizers (and my waistline is beginning to acknowledge that fact).
- I am the older sister, although I’ll deny if you have to ask that question with both of us present. (I love you, T!)
- If there is such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as my dog, Murph (what a life!). Actually, no, I’d like to come back as my friend’s Sherry and Jim’s dogs (that life’s even better).
- Select 5 or more blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. This is hard because I LOVE so many, so let’s see …
- Of course I love Danielle’s blog “Things Carter Says” that’s a given, but let’s give her one more shout-out and link to one of my favorite posts “Yes, I Work!”
- I’ve recently discovered Natalie Hoage’s blog “Mommy of a Monster & Twins.” I can definitely relate to many of her struggles and I love her “Mommy Moments” section of which I affectionately refer to as “The Monster Mommy Moments” and will be blogging for in June. Natalie is the type of blogger we all aspire to be with advertising and everything, which is one of the reasons I had to give her this shout-out!
- Still loving Kearney’s “A Detailed House” which appeals to my “inner designer wannabe” gene, and I especially love her recent post “A Peak at My Daughter’s Room” as I’ve become slightly obsessed with designing children’s bedrooms myself lately (first my son’s —see here— and now my nieces).
- I’ve recently become more acquainted with Merely Mothers and their tagline says it all “three mothers. three voices. no apologies.” I may also collaborate with one of those mom’s on my Mommy Body Transformation Project, and I can’t wait. Want an interesting read? Check out their “The Mommy Friendship Breakup.” Can you relate?
- I couldn’t help but let my fingers to the walking right over to this next blog “Diaper and Stilettos” just because of the name alone. Love it! Want to check out a post? Try this.
- Again, people’s blog names attract me to their site. I wish I could have come up with something a little more flashier, but Renaissance Mom is where I’m at. But when I heard about “The Diary of a Reluctant Mother” I had to check it out because I’ve been there. Her tagline: “Definitely Not Your Typical Mommy Blog. Dedicated to making your wold a little funnier with my own personal misery, misguidance, and delusion.” Been there done that! In this post Reluctant Mom’s idealism gets turned upside down.
- Lastly, for those living in or around the Pioneer Valley or Berkshire County, MA, area I have to lead you on over to Hilltown Families where I write a monthly Berkshire Family Fun column. Versatile Blogger is an understatement for what Editor Sienna Wildfield offers on this blog. If you are a parent and you are looking for things to do in the area this is the place to find them, as well as contests, up-to-date information on current parenting issues and debates, book recommendations, eclectic parenting columns, and more.
- Nominate (award) those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. OK all, YOU ARE AWARDED THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD BY ME!!